EAST HILLS OZTAG
SUMMER 2020 – 21
COVID 19 Safety Protocols will be enforced – all players must NOT play if they are unwell; wash and sanitise hands prior to playing and at halftime; NO SPECTATORS are permitted on sidelines.
SIGN ON PROCEDURE – 1 representative from each team to collect sign on sheet. These will be collected after half time. ONLY players present are to sign in – DO NOT SIGN FOR ANOTHER PLAYER.
- Registration forms must be completed in full and signed by players prior to taking the field.
- Player registration fees are non-refundable/non-transferable once they have played 1 game or should they injure themselves whilst playing and not be able to finish the season.
- All payments must be finalised by round 3 of the competition. (Teams may be expelled from the Competition if Registration is not paid.) All players prior to taking the field must have paid their $100 rego.
- A minimum of 10 players must be REGISTERED for each team.
- Sign on sheets must be signed by every player before the game commences each week. Any players that don’t sign on are not covered by insurance. If a minimum of 5 Players don’t sign on your team will forfeit the games.
- Players must have signed on for at least 5 Games to qualify to play in Semi and Grand Finals. All players must sign their own signature on the sign on sheets at the canteen each week. Players are not covered by Oztag’s Insurance if they have not signed on for their game/s.
- All injuries must be reported on the night of the injury. If Injuries are not reported claims may be declined.
- Any shorts or tights that are worn must be the Official Oztag garments (no home made shorts or tights). Players are not allowed to take the field if regulation shorts or tights are not worn. No TAG 20 SHORTS.
- Only registered players in your team can take the field. NO RING IN players allowed.- Your team will forfeit if you play unregistered players. RANDOM CHECKS WILL OCCUR EACH WEEK. Your team will receive -1 points. Serial offenders will be removed from the competition.
- Please ensure you sign the rego form and sign on each week before you play to ensure insurance cover and contact tracing as part of our Covid 19 Safety Protocols.
- In the event of wet weather please contact 0438 755 373 or visit the website after 3.00pm to see if games are being played. If there has been rain prior to the competition night it is advised to double check as the fields may still be closed. If games are cancelled please follow your draw as per dates for the next week.
East Hills Oztag Association has no control over the weather or the closure of the fields by council due to wet weather. Decisions made to cancel games when grounds are open are made with player safety considered. Refunds will not be given for loss of any games due to cancellations. Delegates will be notified if any catch up games are scheduled.
- Prescription only sunglasses are permitted to be worn whilst playing. All playing caps must be “soft” brimmed.
- If the game is called off by the referee, the team at fault will not receive points for a win, draw or loss no matter what the current score is or how long to go in the game. They will also receive no for and against. The team not at fault will receive 3 points for a win and 5 – 0 against. If both teams are at fault the score on the card will stand.
- Teams must have 5 registered players for a competition game to commence. Teams have five minutes from the time the hooter is blown for players to be ready to play before a forfeit is called. No financial penalty will apply.
- Players are not permitted to consume drugs/alcohol at the grounds before their game. Any player we believe is affected by drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to take the field.
- There will be no talking to the referee at all unless you are the captain. This includes sledging of the opposition or of your own team members. This is a major offence and may result in a player or team being sent off or banned from the competition.
This also includes your supporters who can be sent from the playing fields and banned from attending further games. Teams may also be expelled should spectators enter the field of play.
Any player sent from the field will have an automatic 2 week suspension unless over ruled by the competition convenor.
Send offs for fighting or abuse of a referee may receive a greater penalty. It is our discretion if a player must face the judiciary; they are not permitted to play until this is done.
- If a player is found to have thrown a punch they will be suspended for the remainder of the season. This may be further extended on review. Registration money will not be refunded if a player is suspended or ejected from the competition.
- All teams must be playing in identical coloured shirts by Rnd 4. Numbers must also be visible on the back or sleeve of these shirts. All playing tops must be long enough to be tucked in.
- If a player out of uniform after rd 4 scores – the “try” will not count towards the final score.
- No football boots with screw in studs (metal, nylon or spikes) are permitted.
- All caps/peaks must be “soft brimmed” – if not they are to be worn backwards.
- If your team needs to forfeit a game Please advise the CONVENOR before 3pm. Teams that fail to advise prior to 3pm will incur a $25 FORFEIT FEE and be deducted 1 competition point. Teams are not permitted to play until this fee has been paid. Any teams that forfeit 2 games without notifying the convenor will be expelled from the competition. NO REFUNDS.
- Changes may occur during the competition. Information regarding changes will be placed on the notice board each week. Please check these notices as changes may affect your team.
- Changes may also be advertised on the website – please check each week.
- Some teams may be re graded after Rnd 5 at the discretion of the Competition Co-ordinator.
- All players must be at least 15yrs old to play in the Adult Competition
- Age divisions will only proceed if there are enough teams for the comp – if not, they will be placed in normal grades.
CONVENOR Karen Smith 0438755373
A copy of this information is available on our website – see link “Competition Guidelines”