CONDITIONS OF PLAY, INCLUDING PLAYER INSURANCE COVER
The Oztag competition is organised and run by The Australian Oztag Sports Association Inc (“Oztag”).
Oztag offers to provide access to the competition to Players on provision by Players of the registration fee and agreement to these Conditions of Play.
As a Player, I agree and understand: Subject to these Conditions,
- I play at my own risk. If I have not signed the registration form, I will not be covered by any insurance and I play completely at my own risk. Qualification of any team for the semi finals will depend upon validly signed and completed registration forms for all Players being submitted.
- I will only play in a team I am registered in.
- I understand that I must sign on for at least 5 games to qualify for semi-finals.
- I will not wear football boots with screw in type studs (metal, nylon or spikes).
- I will wear shoes suitable to playing the sport whilst playing – I will not play in bare feet.
- I will not wear jewellery (which includes men’s watches) while playing.
- I will not talk to the referee unless I am the captain of a team.
- I will not sledge either the opposition or my own team members. This is a major offence and will result in me being sent off.
- I must comply with the referee’s directions and decisions.
- I must play in official Oztag shorts or tights.
- Any injury I sustain must be reported on the night of the injury. Claims may be rejected if the injury is not reported on the night.
- All teams must wear numbered shirts with numbers either clearly identified on both sleeves or with one large number on the back of the shirt.
- Changes may occur to the competition during the competition. Information regarding any changes will be placed on the notice board each week. Teams and Players are recommended to check these notices as these changes may affect them.
Injury Insurance & Liability
- Oztag has arranged injury insurance cover (“Player Insurance”) for Players through Sports Underwriting Australia Platinum Liability SUAPLA 0519. Policy terms are available to all Players and will be provided on reasonable notice to Oztag. A summary of the Player Insurance cover is set out below.
- Players acknowledge that there is a real possibility of injury in playing in the Oztag competition. The most common injuries are ankle and knee injuries and broken bones but may include any form of injury, including in rare cases, death.
- Players who desire more comprehensive or other insurance cover must obtain this cover prior to playing. It is up to each Player to determine whether they require further cover in addition to the Player Insurance before they play.
As a Player, I warrant that:
- I am in a fit state of health to play.
- I will not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs that may adversely affect me while playing.
- I have no pre-existing medical or other conditions which might cause me injury or be aggravated by playing.
- I have read and understood these Conditions of Play.
- I will comply with these Conditions of Play.
I acknowledge that if this information is incorrect, the Player Insurance may be voided.
- As a Player, I acknowledge that the Player Accident Insurance may be my only recourse to recover damages for personal injury.
- I hereby RELEASE Oztag and its associated parties, including without limitation, its members, officers, servants and agents, contractors and referees including any other person engaged by Oztag in any capacity (“the Oztag Parties” or, individually, “Oztag Party”) from all liability for loss of any nature, including without limitation, all personal injury, including assault or battery, economic loss sustained from personal injury, damage to property, whether arising out of negligence, breach of any statutory duty, breach of contract or at common law.
- I acknowledge and represent that any Oztag Party regardless of their connection with me may rely on this release. This release from liability applies unless specifically prohibited by statute.
- Notwithstanding paragraph 14, Oztag expressly excludes all liability for death or personal injury to any Player in so far as such liability is capable of being the subject of any implied warranty under section 74 of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) and any other state or territory legislation having a similar purpose.
- Paragraph 10 and the “Important Notice” on the registration form constitutes a risk warning for the purposes of the Civil Liability Act 2002 NSW and any other legislation having a similar purpose.
- These Conditions of Play represent the entire agreement and understanding between Oztag and the Player and bind the Player’s heirs, successors and assigns.
- Oztag will not waive or vary any of these Conditions of Play unless it does so by notice in writing.
INSURANCE COVER INFORMATION SHEET (effective 22nd December 2016).
- CAPITAL BENEFITS $75,000 UNDER 18 IS $15,000
- DEATH, PERMANENT QUADRIPLEGIA OR PERMANENT PARAPLEGIA $75,000 UNDER 18 IS $15,000
- POLICY LIMIT FOR MEDICAL BENEFITS $ 2,500 PER INJURY PER ANNUM
- MEDICAL BENEFITS – COVERS 50 % OF THE INVOICE
- PHISIOTHERAPY BENEFIT ARE REIMBURSED AT 95% OF THE FEE FOR VISITS 1-5, 80% FOR VISITIS 6 TO 10 AND 75% FOR ALL SUBSEQUENT VISITS
- AN EXCESS OF $200 APPLIES TO EACH CLAIM
- NO LOSS OF INCOME IS AVAILABLE UNDER THIS POLICY .
- THIS IS ONLY A SUMMARY OF INSURANCE COVERAGE AVAILABLE (refer policy wording)